Wednesday 10 September 2008

Awaiting Autumn


You may think that I am wishing my time away, but I am so looking forward to the colder months. Especially autumn.
Autumn is one of my favourite times of year, I like all seasons for different reasons (hey that rhymes!) but autumn is perfect, when it's not raining (which unfortunately doesn't happen in England very frequently) but when it's cold, with a light frost, the sun is shining and and the leaves have turned to lovely shades of golden brown and yellow and are cascading down from the trees and lining the paths and streets.
It always makes me want to go walking. Autumn is so pretty.
I have also brought a few new items of clothing to complete my autumn/winter wardrobe and I have been chomping at the bit like a little girl to begin wearing them. It is only just beginning to be cold enough, I like autumn/winter clothes more than summer and spring, I always think they are so much more sophisticated and much more luxurious textures and I love the deep plums, burnt oranges, dark greys and greens, big warm scarves, gloves and stylish coats, and wearing tights and woolly jumpers. Ooohh I can't wait.
Plus there is nothing better than snuggling up by the fire, watching a mushy film or reading a good book.
Hurry up autumn, hurry up!

No comments: